April 18, 2014, 12:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland TL310 w. Miyazaki C. Kua 59  (Read 14356 times)
LowSpinningHook
Tour Player

MoJo: +8/-0

Happy Christmas!!

« on: April 20, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »

Intro:

Saturday morning I was delivered a Cleveland TL310 8.5* with the Miyazaki C. Kua 59 stiff.

Had a little scramble i was playing in and thought, what a great time to test a new stick. So the Ping G15 9* with Serrano stiff got to ride the bench. After getting to the course, the range was irons only... crap. No swings with this stick till we hit the course. Well after hitting a little fade into the rough on the first hole, the next hole i launched one. A nice tight draw that rode the wind and hit the earth running. All said and done -  265 into the wind.... What?!? You expected me to say 310-400? Well, for me it was deep. One thing led to another (and while it may be a honeymoon), I hit the driver the best I have hit any driver in 3 years. I missed 4 fairways (the first and the other 3 we had a drive down the middle and i "went for it"... which meant into the trees...) and hit to some spots I haven't been on my course in years... Well, in one anyway....

Appearance
The head is a deep charcoal black and Miyazaki shaft is a lovely shimmering golden color. While it is VERY different from the late 90's launcher with gold shafts, it reminded me of them. At address, the club sets up nicely, face faintly open. Sole graphics are not too busy.

Feel/Performance/Sound
The TL310 has a much more metallic ping than my G15, but not so much it is offensive. The feel of the Miyazaki shaft is smooth, seems to load easily, and has a nice kick to it. It could be the slight decrease in loft or the open club face (again decreasing loft), but my flight was much lower than the G15 (which i needed)... which got me more distance. While it was forgiving, the TL310 was not as forgiving as the G15. However, I was able to hit some cuts and draws with the TL310 that i could not hit with the G15, so control was much better. Also, it seemed with the TL310 I didn't have a fear of the occasional hook i hit with the G15.

Overall
After the scramble, i took both to the range to see if it was me or the club. After the dust cleared, I had a new gamer in the bag. While the G15 is a very forgiving club, the TL310 just fit me better and give me more confidence over the ball. The End.

TL310 8.5* - C. Kua 59
R9 15*
'09 Rescue TP 19*
'09 Rescue TP 22*
X-22: 5-P
rac 50* chrome bent to 51*
CG15 56* Black bent to 55*
CG15 60* Black bent to 59*
Anser 3
bcheeks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »

Thanks for the review.  I want to try the sl290 at some point this year, it looks decent.  I haven't seen the 310 in person yet.
LowSpinningHook
Tour Player

Happy Christmas!!

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »

I was able to hit both at an outdoor fitting and the SL290's trajectory was a little too high for my tastes...  It had a similar look, maybe a hair more closed, but not terribly. It was definitely more forgiving and had more of a straight/slight draw bias to it.

I really think Cleveland's driver line is a sleeper in the year of White vs. Forged Composite.
mr_divots
GDS Guru

MoJo: +239/-0

United States United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »

Is your G15 at the stock 45.75"? Think any of the confidence with the Cleveland has anything to do with the slightly shorter length? (They're 45.25", aren't they?)

One of the guys I played with last weekend had the 270 I believe it was. He offered to let me hit it, but it was a 39 gram regular flex, so I had to pass.   shocking laugh He hit it pretty well though. His buddy had the R11 and must have tried 5 different hosel settings during the round.  laugh
LowSpinningHook
Tour Player

Happy Christmas!!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »

Is your G15 at the stock 45.75"? Think any of the confidence with the Cleveland has anything to do with the slightly shorter length? (They're 45.25", aren't they?)

Both are at stock length. However, while length could be part of it, I toyed with a 45" & 44" driver late last year to find magic in anything... and something still seemed off.
SPY ZINGER
The anticipation of a hook is worse than the hook itself.
GDS Guru

MoJo: +72/-0

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »

One of the guys I played with last weekend had the 270 I believe it was. He offered to let me hit it, but it was a 39 gram regular flex, so I had to pass.   shocking laugh He hit it pretty well though. His buddy had the R11 and must have tried 5 different hosel settings during the round.  laugh
Hey Yang, Performance over Paint!!   cheesyf

WITB:  http://www.golfdiscussions.com/yabbse/index.php/topic,27175.new.html#new
Callaway FT-9 Tour 10.5*(Neutral)-Matrix OZIK XCON Special Edition—Altus Design SX
Adams Golf RPM 2080 16*-Matrix Studio Series 74-S
Adams A2TS Tour Prototype 22*-Matrix Altus HB S
Callaway X-Tour-Project X Flighted 6.0 (1* Upright)
Callaway X-Tour 52*-TT Black Gold S
Callaway X-Forged 58*-TT Black Gold S
Callaway X-Forged 64*-TT Black Gold S
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Squareback No.1
hawkdriver
My son can beat me....
Acumen
Golf Addict

MoJo: +51/-0

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Straight cash homey.....

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »

Was at a CLeveland Demo Day at my local course yesterday.

Got to swing all three weights of the Cleveland Launcher series, as well as my Taylormade R-9...on the Cleveland Launch Monitor.

My ball speed, launch angle and carry numbers were slightly better than my R-9.  My spin rate was much better with the R-9.

I took the launch monitor numbers to my pro and asked him if these numbers justified dropping 270.00 for the Cleveland Launcher.

The answer was "no" so I walked away relieved because I've already got 6-7 drivers right now.

But I did hit the Cleveland Launcher 290 the best of all three and if I was in the market for a driver....this could be the one.

"Use the force, Luke"....but not the Dark Side.

Ping K-15 9.5*....today anyway
Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 13*/Project X 6.0
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 16.5*/Aldila R.I.P.
Toski Target 7 21*/Accra AC65

Cobra AMP Cell 5-PW/Dynalite 90

Fourteen Golf GW 48*
Cobra Trusty Rusty GW 53*
Fourteen Golf LW 58*

Yes! Olivia Putter

“People ask me, ‘Hey Hoot. Why do you do it, man? Are you some kinda war junkie?' I don't say a word, cause I can't explain it, and they won't understand, man. They just don't get it.  It's all about the man next to you...and that's all it is.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        -SFC Norm "Hoot" Gibson in ‘Blackhawk Down'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: