October 21, 2014, 05:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haney's slot sticks  (Read 3538 times)
silver77
GDS Guru

MoJo: +27/-1

« on: December 18, 2008, 08:08:27 AM »

Hank Haney is selling training sticks on golf channel.They look like golf shafts you stick in the ground and learn to hit between them.$160.00 WTF is this a joke. I guess everybody is trying to make a buck these days.He is tigers coach so i guess i would pay $660.00 for this training aid  laugh
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:12:45 AM by silver77 » Logged

Speedline 9.5
Woods-TM 08  burner 3 wood
Hybrid- TM burner rescue 19 deg
Irons- j36 pc
Wedge- Callaway 52 deg Forged,
Hogan Forged 56 deg sw
Putter- mentor Maesstro Long neck plummer
slymer58
GDS Guru

MoJo: +89/-0

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »

I thought the same thing when I saw them. They look like shafts or drive way markers.
My2Dogs
GDS Guru

MoJo: +21/-0

Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »

you can get the same thing at Home Depot ( I use them for holding up new plants or small tree's) for a little under $2 each.  I guess the margin is huge to put his name on it prop

Cally Razr Fit 9.5* Kai'li x flex
TEE CB4 15* Rombax x flex
Adams XTD 15* hybrid, Matrix Altus x flex
TEE XCG-V 19* hybrid, Matrix Altus x flex
Cobra AMP Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Muira 51*, Y grind, Nippon SP Blue stiff
Muira 56*, K grind KBS Tour stiff
Muira 60*, C grind, Nippon SP Blue stiff
Bettinardi Stung BB-8 Proto, 35 inches, 344g
jdhill
GDS Guru

MoJo: +24/-0

Freedom Isn't Free

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »

But they come in a nifty case....

http://www.slotstix.com/index.jsp

The Bag:
Driver - 909D2
4-wood -  r7 st 16
7-wood -    r7 st 21
Irons - AR-1s w/ SteelFiber i110cws (4-W) (assembled by Frank aka camster8)
G/SW - JLM-TNC 53
LW - 58 EEG (  x-forged c-grind 58  and   JLM-TNC 58 in reserve)
Putter - Byron Morgan 007 (thx turfsurfer.com & GD)
mr_divots
GDS Guru

MoJo: +242/-0

United States United States

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »

Hank Haney at the bar:
"Hey baby. Wanna try out my slot stick?"  Roll Eyes
gwlee7
Acumen
GDS Guru

MoJo: +53/-0

Shoots lawnmowers when intoxicated

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »

Hank Haney at the bar:
"Hey baby. Wanna try out my slot stick?"  Roll Eyes

"No thanks, I'll just do jump squats in my driveway."
rok78
GDS Guru

MoJo: +6/-0

My new baby...

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

Plus you spell sticks with an X, that automatically makes it cooler and a must have.

WITB

Adams 9064ls 9.5* - Altus Proto
TEE XCG  15* - Speeder 869
Adams PNT2 18* - Aldila NV
Adams A2Ts 21* - Matrix Altus Xcon
Bridgestone J38 Dual Pockets 5-PW - DG Lite X200
Titleist SM 50* - DG S300
Mizuno MP10 54* - DG S300
Chikara V2 60* - KB Tour
Odyssey White Hot XG 2ball
scratch1954
Sandbagger

MoJo: +0/-0

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »

I saw the Slot Stick infomercial on Golf Channel. Thought the same thing as others. But a friend (best golfer I know) ordered it, and highly recommended it. He said the kit comes with a DVD of lessons that Hank does, that made it worth the cost alone, and the rods are just a tool that helps with the lessons. My thinking is, Hank Haney doesn't do anything just to make a buck. You don't see him out there hawking a bunch of products like some pro's. From what I hear, the guy is a class act.
SecondstreetGolf
Revolutionary Sight
Mini Tour Player

MoJo: +2/-0

Thank you all for your precious time.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »

I have  the orange stick you see in all the pros bags. Works the same he is just trying to elaborate on an idea already out there.  I wont buy any system. Just the word System on a product cost $500.

Mizuno MP 001 8.5 (My secret) Matrix Ozik code 7 X flex
Tour spoon Taylormade TP 13+ 3wood TTDg s300
Taylormade Tp Steel head 5wood Fujikura x flex
Mizuno MP60 Irons Project X shafts 6.5
Cleveland CG DSG 52,58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 studio stainless Black Oxide
Vedalo HD Como Black Frames/Copper Rose lens.
geekoman
GDS Guru

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:28:23 PM »

I saw the Slot Stick infomercial on Golf Channel. Thought the same thing as others. But a friend (best golfer I know) ordered it, and highly recommended it. He said the kit comes with a DVD of lessons that Hank does, that made it worth the cost alone, and the rods are just a tool that helps with the lessons. My thinking is, Hank Haney doesn't do anything just to make a buck. You don't see him out there hawking a bunch of products like some pro's. From what I hear, the guy is a class act.

S1954...The money most probably came from an investor group!  I doubt that HH would put up his own dough for this.  That alone should tell you it's about the Dough-Ray-for-Me!  Personally, I could care less.......but, never underestimate the power of the $$$!  If he wasn't doing it just for the money..that price tag would be much much lower!  And it looks like the majority of the $$$ was invested in the case...not necessarily the product!  Some are always a class act up to a point and then the $$$ takes over! 

I don't mean to sound cynical but like the man said....."When I hear the word System...It's gonna' cost me..large"!
scratch1954
Sandbagger

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »

So... I was at my friends house that purchased the Slot Sticks. The case is cool, but definitely overkill. I don't think most people need it. BUT!... I watched the DVD with Hank Haney, and as my friend Mark said, "it's killer!" There are 16 or 18 lessons, and it's stuff that works on the whole game. If you ask me, the lessons made it worth the cost alone. Now if the temperature would just get above 45 degrees so I can get out to the practice range!
SVonhof
GDS Guru

MoJo: +93/-0

My HIO from November, 2008

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

So... I was at my friends house that purchased the Slot Sticks. The case is cool, but definitely overkill. I don't think most people need it. BUT!... I watched the DVD with Hank Haney, and as my friend Mark said, "it's killer!" There are 16 or 18 lessons, and it's stuff that works on the whole game. If you ask me, the lessons made it worth the cost alone. Now if the temperature would just get above 45 degrees so I can get out to the practice range!

So, how much commision do you get for each unit sold?  Just kidding.  This is not the first practice aid that is way overpriced, but comes with some actual good stuff in it.

Scott Vonhof
In the bag:
Driver: FS3 10.5 Graffaloy Comp NT 85S shaft,
Thriver: FS3 13
5ive wood: DCT
Irons: VR Pro-Cavity 4-PW w/ Aero-Tech Steelfiber i95 S flex
Wedges: 53, 58
Quadra II
Golf GPS
Golfing since September 2002
rok78
GDS Guru

My new baby...

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »

If he really wasn't interested in making money off it and only interested in helping golfers, it would've been advertised for the DVD's and the slot sticks, excuse me...slotstix, would've been the add on. Not the other way around. Not to mention it would be free.

Anyone who has a private golf academy that charges more than most Universities for tuition is in it for the money. Nothing wrong with that, but don't think it's anything altruistic.

A close friend of mine coaches in the minor leagues, played professional baseball, is a scout, and refuses to take money to help kids develop. He grew up in a tough neighborhood and wants to give back. He takes kids under his wing, helps them one on one, and never asks for anything in return. That's altruistic to me. He could easily charge big bucks for his time, and he could use the money, but he won't.

But that's not to say the DVD's aren't useful to some people and I'm a believer in using sticks as a plane guide (but the cheap Home Depot ones, or pulled shafts work exactly the same), but the way this is packaged and priced is pure marketing to make money.
rp
GDS Guru

MoJo: +62/-0

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »

You can get these at Lowe's for $1.76 each. They are beside the mailboxes in my local store. Called surveyor's markers  zchange
Richard Nixon
Goal: Every Green In Regulation
GDS Guru

MoJo: +293/-0

Let The Nothingness Into Yer Shots

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

This guy's a spammer, right? He reminds me of
this dude

"A weapon has no loyalty but to the one who wields it." Chinese Proverb.

-Driver - Titleist 983K
-Fairway Woods: Rotation (Bridgestone J33 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney Tour 12.5 and 15.5, Taylormade Burner 13)
-Hybrids: None
-Irons: Wilson Staff Pi5 2-PW
-Wedges: Scratch JLM 53 and 58 (Thanks Gwlee7!)
-Putter: Wilson 8802 and Ping My Day
-Bag: Sun Mountain KG2
-Ball: Whatevs
rok78
GDS Guru

My new baby...

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »

This guy's a spammer, right? He reminds me of this dude.

Wha...? You aren't impressed by 8 Shamwows for just $19.99, it comes with a 10 year warranty. Maybe if the Slotstix were 8 for 19.99 I'd be more inclined to them. Especially if it had a 10 year warranty for my game laugh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: