Top o' the evening to you

(1/4) > >>

tapintwo:
Greetings all.

It took me a while, but I finally found your site. Spent the weekend snooping around the old posts and discovered a lot of smart, informative and clever banter. Yep, I'm hooked.

I live in Texas, work for a metropolitan daily newspaper and write extensively about golf. I follow the PGA Tour around a little bit. I've never won a golf tournament in my life and probably never will, though I did limp into a second-place finish in my club championship last year after suffering a two-shot swing (he birdied; I bogeyed) on the final hole. I'm sort of oddly addicted to trying to qualify for the USGA Amateur Public Links, where I've made the 18-hole cut only once. I'm a sucker for equipment and equipment talk. I try to learn something knew about equipment every day, all the while avoiding the urge to buy. (Doesn't always work.)

Anyway, that's who I am. I've been looking for a forum like this, one where well-meaning people congregate for purposeful conversation.

Glad I found you.

BigLeftyinAZ:
welcome to another world [smiley=whistling.gif]

idiotbox:
Glad you found us too. Maybe you could slip a mention about this place in an article? [smiley=whistling.gif]

Welcome aboard and have a moojo on me.

rok78:
Welcome to the best golf forum site I've found. Good people and good laughs.

Jimmy Bobby:
Quote from: tapintwo on August 27, 2007, 08:09:17 PM

Greetings all.

It took me a while, but I finally found your site. Spent the weekend snooping around the old posts and discovered a lot of smart, informative and clever banter. Yep, I'm hooked.

I live in Texas, work for a metropolitan daily newspaper and write extensively about golf. I follow the PGA Tour around a little bit. I've never won a golf tournament in my life and probably never will, though I did limp into a second-place finish in my club championship last year after suffering a two-shot swing (he birdied; I bogeyed) on the final hole. I'm sort of oddly addicted to trying to qualify for the USGA Amateur Public Links, where I've made the 18-hole cut only once. I'm a sucker for equipment and equipment talk. I try to learn something knew about equipment every day, all the while avoiding the urge to buy. (Doesn't always work.)

Anyway, that's who I am. I've been looking for a forum like this, one where well-meaning people congregate for purposeful conversation.

Glad I found you.

Only two things come from Texas boy.....which are you!?!  :)  Just kidding and welcome.

Later,
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page